Sunday, April 11, 2010

I HATE my fridge!

Weird title, but too true! Why do I hate my fridge you say? Because it is trying to sabotage my re-found goal of loosing weight. I know it always seems to be a goal, but when I decide to be pro-active about it and not just try half hearted, you'd think the universe (or at least the fridge) would rally to help! But nooooo! So here is the problem- my fridge froze me lettuce!!! And it is not just discriminatory towards lettuce- strawberries, oranges, celery- they have all fallen victim ot my dumb rented fridge! Today I pulled a big yummy soft Grandma's Snickerdoodle cookie from my kitchen drawer. OH HEAVEN! But then the little weight loss angel popped onto my shoulder and said "Put it back sister!!!!" So I did!!!! Yeah progress! But I was still hungry sooooo little angel intergects " There is lettuce in the fridge and chow mein needles in teh cupboard! Right on!!!" Thanks little angel! So I open the fridge, reach for the lettuce... and recieve an un-natural crunchy sound... it is cold-too cold. I flip it over and there you have it- frozen nasty lettuce!!! So after repeatedly slamming the head of lettuce into the freezer door it makes its way into the trash- flame to $1.91. So frustrating! So what to placate myself with now!? Snickerdoodle :) No no no!! I was strong this time, and some rasins won out! So help me fridge you will get yours and you will not win this one you unholy death box of cold!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

that was hilarious. so funny. I had a problem with my fridge (in an apt.) freezing my stuff...I think it was up too high? I don't remember how we fixed it. Watch out! or that snickerdoodle will freeze too!

Riley and Steph said...

You are too funny! I hate it when my fridge does that! It is always when you want and need something badly!

akagi79 said...

Mine does the same thing no matter what the temp is!! It makes me so mad! Your doing good girl!! Just keep going!!! And sometimes you just need that cookies dough!! ( well you do, I hate the stuff!! LOL!!!) I do so much bewtter when I don't limit myself too much!!

Natalie said...

LOL!! I have that problem with my freezer, however, I am pretty sure it is caused by 2 year olf fingers playing with buttons ;) As for the snacks...I cannot have them in my house. No willpower, none, whatsoever :)