So you know that ultrasound that my husband had? Well the ultrasound turned into a MRI and the MIR turned into a phone call to get my hubby to the nearest ER because they thought he had an aortic dissection ( blood is leaking between the layers of the aorta). EEK!!!! I looked it up...and probably went as pale as a ghost because I read that if the aorta ruptured there was a 80% mortality rate. Not the best moment in my life, just the opposite actually! So they life flighted him to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray and did a CT scan. The good news was that it was not an aortic dissection...the bad news is it was an aortic aneurysm, and there would be the same conclusion if it ruptured. His condition was urgent, but could wait a day for the Dr.s there to prepare to do open heart surgery and replace the aorta and the aortic valve with a mechanical graphite one.
So Thursday the 12th was probably the WORST day of my life so far. I was a bit of a wreck and my husband was scheduled to go into surgery the morning of the 13th...Friday the 13th btw :D After a blessing on him and on me I did feel much better though! I don;t know if you know what goes into doing a surgery like this, but it is a scary thought! There is a lung and heart machine involved, and blood draining, and cooling the body into suspended animation! Craziness and pretty scary!! But after everything he came out of it fine and is on his way to recovering right now. It will be quite a few weeks and months before I expect him to be tip top again, but I am just grateful he is here!!! And I will tell you that God has had his hand in this the entire time. I am amazed at how he has worked this in our lives. I know that we will have more trials come our way from this, but I am just blessed to have my husband and the father of my children here with me. I hope that we can live many many MANY more years with each other. For everyone who has helped and supported us- THANK YOU!!! We have AMAZING family that was able to help us, and an amazing ward that has already been such a comfort, and has offered so much! I am sure you will hear more from me as we get him home and settled! Till then keep us in your prayers, and check out how happy this little guy was to see his daddy!!
1 comment:
Megan oh my! I'm so glad the outcome was good! I can't believe what he just went thru! I hope his recovery is well too! I wish your family the best! You deserve it, what a cute fam!!!
Post a Comment