Friday, July 3, 2009

The Many Adventures of Temple Shutdown


For those who don't know I work at the Provo Temple in housekeeping. And also for those who didn't know these last two weeks have been the Provo Temple's shut down. We have 2 a year each for 2 weeks each time so we can super clean the temple and they can get any construction they want to do done. So it can be a busy crazy 2 weeks for everyone who works there!!! And not only do we get to go more ofter ( in the day- we usually work 9pm-1am) but we get to have some of the missionaries in the MTC help as their P-day/ volunteer time.

Soooo I've been going in the day here and their to help out with the missionaries and it has been pretty fun! Nothing too crazy....until yesterday.....when it all went wrong......ok it wasn't that bad but it was an adventure!! I got stuck...in an elevator....with a cleaning cart.... and eight large, tall Elders......DAH! We were just making our way down to the 1st floor from the 3rd floor when .... elevator STOPS! And I am not usually claustrophobic, but cram all that in a lil elevator and yah claustrophobia creeps up on you! We were in their so tight that any one person sitting down was out of the question. And to make it all that much fun there was no one at the emergency phone to answer our call!!! So I'm freaking out and pushing the call and alarm button hoping someone will answer or hear us and get us out! So then one of those wise lil missionaries says... "Do we want to have a prayer?" YEAH ELDER! Smart boy so we fold our arms.....and a lil voice comes over the emergency speaker! Talk about a quick answer to prayer!!! It was awesome! So someone knew we were stuck and we said our prayer and we got out!!! Yeah! The engineer did laugh at us when he yelled into us asking how many of us were in there and we said 9...thanks buddy! But we lived and had quite a lil adventure in the process- there's something to write home about!!!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

ha haha, I'm sorry I had to laugh. go elders for keeping the spirit in the elevator.

Natalie said...

That's crazy! How long were you all in there? I hope you are laughing about it now that it is over..lol

Riley and Steph said...

This sounds like something that would happen to me! I'm glad you get the fun memories at the temple now - What a good sport! Tell everyone hello!