Sunday, December 6, 2009

We're alive!!!

Well Mr. Jaxon has been here for 2 weeks and 3 days! All I have to say is- WoW that went by fast! I'm happy to report those 2 weeks and 3 days have actually gone really well! The house is actually maintaining a sense of order, I don't totally want to die from lack of sleep, and Daaelynn hasn't had too hard of a time adjusting. Just to name a few happy things! Jaxon went to his 2 week Dr. appt. for a check up and his circumcision :( and :). He weighs 7lb 1oz and is 20.5 inches now- which made me all sortsa happy. The circumision on the other hand... yah.. I sat in the waiting room and cried!!! Riley stayed out with me too in disgusted awe that I was bawling about the procedure. He was MUCH more chill about it than I was! And I will admit NOW that it wasn't too bad, but I was SO ready to back out and forget the whole thing at the time. Daae was just concerned that he was going to get shots. I reassured her that he wasn't getting shots, but i sure didn't tell her it was a bit worse than shots actually! Speaking of Daae- she is turning into such a good sister! So funny though- the day we came home she sat with Riley when he changed Jax's diaper, and of course he cried. Daae didn't know what to do- she looked ready to cry too so we had to explain he was fine just unhappy about his cold butt. She's not thrilled about me still sleeping upstairs in the livingroom, but that won't last forever.
Well that's all I have for now! Here are some more pictures to leave you with!! Our trip to the festival of lights and Daae loving on her new baby! I have more/ newer pics, but they're still on my camera :( I'll put more up when I can!

4 comments:

akagi79 said...

Glad that "visit" to the Dr. is over for both you and Jaxon! Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought!! Cute pictures!

Leanne said...

I'm glad things are getting easier for you! just wait! He'll learn to sleep like a pro and Daae will just help out so much!

Natalie said...

So cute!! I cannot wait to get a picture to hang on my fridge! He is so cute!

Michelle said...

Yay! You made it through the procedure! I watched them do Ivan's, it was hard, but interesting, lol. He was corked with a bottle the whole time, so I didn't have to hear the screaming. The pics are so cute, I love Daae lovin on her little brother, so sweet! I hope you're feelin well!