Have you heard of Elf on the Shelf? Weeelllll I kinda thought a little person watching us was creepy! So when I came upon a post on a blog I follow about a family tradition with a mouse that watches the kids, I thought that sounded right for us! In the other person's tradition they had an advent calender with little pockets and the mouse moved from pocket to pocket as the countdown till Christmas, and if the kids were good the mouse would leave a treat from Santa! Well I kinda took the 2 traditions and combined them to get our Magical Christmas mice! We had once mouse originally, but my daughter found the other 2 mice that came in the packet and decided they must be the lil white mouse's parents LoL So we had to put them in there too. Anyhow- all I did was take an old jean pocket and sew it to a piece of Christmas-like cloth leaving a place for the wire to go through- push the wire through and twist it off and WA LA!!! They move around from here to there in the living room and watch the family! Sometimes there is a note form Santa and sometimes a treat. It have been way fun and hey! The mouse is so cute! BONUS! Check out the Christmas countdown blocks in the background!
2 comments:
That is so cute!!! We have the elf on the shelf and Gavin sings to it every day..LOL. Hey, whatever works, right??
We have Mr.Peeps,no scary faces, just a cute little elf!!
Post a Comment