Monday, January 12, 2009

Being a Mom and Being Grateful

As some of you might know, we're been having some 'pooping problems' with Daaelynn for quite a while now. Well we finally got her into a Dr who gave us a perscription for Miralax (a stool softner). Sounds way fun huh? Weellll we got her on it and have since had to throw away 3 pairs of panties and I just got to do the fun mommy job of scrubbing poop up off our floor. She is so use to holding it in and with this stuff you really can't. And honestly I've not had a wonderful attitude about the whole situation. Riley is about 100% more compassionate than I am-0h sad to say. When I discovered the accident and Daae sitting in it I called for Riley and he said "Oh poor Daae Daae" And then I felt so bad that my first thought was "Oh great!" So as I was cleaning up the mess and Riley was putting Daae in the tub, I was thinking about how I was going to come write my blog about the trials of motherhood like scrubbing poo out of carpet, and then Riley's words and a book I recently read popped into my head- and i felt bad again for considering this a trial. The book was about a couple who had a little boy with lukemia. In the book the father is a Dr. and they portray to the reader just what treatment for lukemia, which included a bone marrow transplant and heavy chemotherapy,is reallllyyy like for a child. This was a fictional book, but holy cow! This happens to families every day and here I am whining about my health childs small issue at the moment.It is interesting how Heavenly Father throws thoughts into your mind to help you keep perspective and dish you out some humility. I am so grateful for my mommy status and all the ick that comes with it , and although doing the ick with a smile might be hard, I will remember to do it without the chip on my shoulder and some compassion for my little one and for those moms who wish pooping problems were there only problems.

4 comments:

Leanne said...

good thoughts. I am totally un-grateful when it comes to stuff like the poop and puke. I hope things are better for you now!

akagi79 said...

It won't always be that way! I don't know if it's easier for me now because my kids are older, or I've learned to be a little more patient!(I will always be working on this!!) We haven't had those problems are our house for a long time, but also don't get to have anymore babies or cute little 4 year olds. I guess you just trade one thing for another, and i should just be thankful for "whatever" that is!!lol!

The Finlinsons said...

Oh, I'm so glad you were snooping around my blog and wrote me a comment! I didn't know you had a blog, so I'm excited. Your family is super cute. And definitely I would say that being a mom is great, even with the little struggles. Could definitely be much worse.

Riley and Steph said...

Yeah it is crazy what we go through as parents. Good luck with all this. I will be going through this I'm sure in the next 6 months - potty training... Bryn has always had hard poops too.... The wonders of motherhood!