Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week 2 and Conference

So week 2 was kinda rough! I was having an emotional up and down week, and that didn't bode well for my weight loss efforts. Yes...I am one of those emotional eaters. There is no feeling sugar cannot heal...well except the feeling of being too fat LoL You only think it helps till you're done eating a gallon of sherbet then the guilt- OH the GUILT! It wasn't too horrible though. I am still down 1 lb, but I need to get a better way of weighing myself. At work there is a scale we cheat and use, but it is a scale for laundry LoL Sooooo I really need to get my wii fit game up and running so I have a scale here at home. But all in all I've been doing better than I have in past, and my lovely sister in laws and I are going to do a self made weight watchers thing with each other, AND my hubby hopefully is buying a bike this weekend and we can pull the kids around and go biking about the neighborhood. So we are still on the way to a healthier Meggie! Second is I just got done listening to part of the 1st session of general conference. I only caught the very last talk all the way through, and I loved it. I have felt the stirrings of wanting to do service and implement it into my life consistently for quite some time. I think soon I will be on the hunt for something I can do each month that will serve others. One that I wanted to do when Jax was little was Meals on Wheels- they take meals to widows and home bound people, but Jax was a newborn and I didn't think dragging him around int he car would be fun for him lol But I think I'm going to re-look into doing that. It is one of those things that touches my heart, but also makes me get out of my comfort zone. But that is what makes us stretch and grow like a muscle. You gotta tear it up a bit, but it grows back stronger each time! I'll have to keep you updated on that project too. I look forward to what the next 3 sessions bring- I'm excited for conference! I must be growing up! :D Hope you all can listen in too! Peace out!!!

2 comments:

Riley and Steph said...

Keep up the good work! There will be ups ans downs.... you can do it!! Conference was great!

akagi79 said...

You make me laugh! You can do it Megan!!!!